Below are some of the articles and books I’ve read recently that you may enjoy checking out.
- “Kay Warren, Russell Moore Decry ‘Horror’ of Vladimir Putin’s Russia Adoption Ban,” (Stoyan Zaimov, CP) — “Evangelical ethicist Russell Moore and Kay Warren, wife of Saddleback Church Pastor Rick Warren, have slammed the ongoing restrictions on adoptions in Russia, and are calling on Christians to pray for abandoned babies and children in the country.”
- “Report: Global Spike In Cohabitation Is Destabilizing Children’s Lives,” (Holly Sheer, Federalist) — “This study firmly shows that across the world marriage confers the best chances for stability for children. Yet adults are increasingly choosing not to provide their kids that optimal environment.”
- “Trump’s Religious Freedom Order Won’t Help the Baker, Florist, and Photographer,” (Kate Shellnut, CT) — “According to experts, Trump’s executive order would strengthen religious exemptions under federal laws and programs, but it wouldn’t have the reach to quell debates over Christian-owned businesses refusing to serve same-sex weddings.”
- “CBS Poll: Most Democrats Think Christianity Is as Violent as Islam,” (Justin Holcomb, Town Hall) — While only 1 in 7 Democrats believe Islam is more violent than Christianity, 6 in 10 Republicans believe the same.
- “Your hotel room photos could help catch sex traffickers,” (Katy Scott, CNN) — This is fascinating. “It’s a simple phone app that uses crowdsourced snapshots of hotel rooms to help law enforcement locate victims and prosecute sex traffickers.”