Below are some of the articles and books I’ve read recently that you may enjoy checking out.
- “5 Reasons I’m Glad I Went to Seminary,” (Elizabeth Garn, TGC) — Be encouraged by this mother of three and her desire to know God and his Word better!
- “Queen’s chaplain resigns over cathedral Koran reading row saying he has a ‘duty’ to defend Christianity,” (Camilla Turner, The Telegraph) — From the article: “A chaplain to the Queen has resigned after publicly criticising a church that allowed a Koran reading during its service as part of an interfaith project.”
- Multiplying Churches: Exploring God’s Mission Strategy, edited by Steve Timmis — I had the privilege to see an advanced copy of this book, and here’s the endorsement I wrote for this excellent work: “Church planting movements involve warfare and wisdom. Multiplying Churches addresses well both of these and I delight in commending it to those willing to be on the front lines.”
- “The FAQs: President Trump’s Executive Order on Immigrants and Refugees,” (Joe Carter, TGC) — Joe Carter gives some helpful basic orienting facts about the recent Executive Order on immigration. Christians should familiarize themselves with the details of what’s happening surrounding this contentious issue.
- “What Should Christians Think About Trump’s Refugee Policy? An Interview with Matthew Soerens,” (Joe Carter, TGC) — Carter follows the FAQ with a helpful interview with one who is working daily to help serve refugees in our communities
- “How to Respond to the Refugee Crisis,” (David Platt, TGC) — Platt leads one of the largest international missions organizations in the world, and his words shed biblical light on how Christians can respond, in part, to the refugee crisis.