Below are some of the articles and books I’ve read recently that you may enjoy perusing.
- Engaging Your Older Workers, by Peter Cappelli – The conclusion: “The bottom line is that companies looking to increase engagement, performance, and loyalty need to do a much better job of engaging this growing — and valuable — segment of the workforce. For employers who say they want a workforce that can “hit the ground running,” that doesn’t need training or ramp-up time to figure out what to do, that will be conscientious, and that knows how to get along with others, older workers are the perfect match.”
- The Forbidden Bible, by Roy Peterson – 2014 was the most dangerous year on record for Christians.
- How Martin Luther King Jr. Overcame ‘Christian’ White Supremacy, by Russell Moore – A sobering word from the president of the ERLC on white evangelicals’ failure to, among other things, apply their theology to the issue of racial reconciliation.
- Antichrist: Two Thousand Years of the Human Fascination With Evil, by Bernard McGinn – A superb study of this important personality and idea in biblical and church history.
- The Man of Sin: Uncovering the Truth about the Antichrist, by Kim Riddlebarger – Endorsed by Michael Horton, this book provides a careful examination of the NT teaching on this strange and intriguing idea.
- Longing for Home, by Stephen Yuille (forthcoming) – A very helpful expositional study of the Psalms of Ascent (Psalm 120-134).