- Maintain your quiet time, and be active in a local church. Southeastern is not a substitute for community life in the Body of Christ.
Psalm 46:10; Mark 1:35
- Guard your marriage/family. This is one of Satan’s favorite areas to launch an attack.
Psalm 127; 128; Song of Solomon 2:15; Ephesians 5:21-6:4
- Pursue holiness by a) protecting your thought life, b) maintaining your integrity, and c) avoiding the places of temptation and evil.
Proverbs 23:7; 1 Corinthians 6:18; Philippians 2:5; Ephesians 4:27; 1 Thessalonians 5:22
- Remember we are a covenant community that takes seriously our covenant commitments. Honor your word and keep your promises.
Matthew 5:33-37; 1 John 2:5
- Watch your finances and always act responsibly and with integrity. This is the number one killer of most students who have to drop out of school.
- Remember you are here primarily to learn, not to teach. However, at SEBTS, we all believe we can learn from one another.
II Timothy 2:1-2
- Few things are more valuable than a teachable spirit.
- Study now what you will find difficult to study later.
- Commit now to continue to study what you are studying now. (Greek, Hebrew, Theology, Philosophy, History, Apologetics)
- Learn to work with, and get along with, people (develop your “people skills”). In other words, seek to balance both what you believe and how you live.
- Be responsible and wise in your ministry service for the Lord, following the biblical model of a “shepherd” or “servant” leader.
Mark 8:31-38; 10:32-45; 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Put no limitations on how and where our King might use you. Ask the Lord to give you the ability to truly pray, “Lord, why should I stay?”
Romans 12:1-2; Galatians 2:20
- Find a passion for the Great Commission. This is, afterall, the final marching orders of King Jesus.