I am excited to announce the release of I Am Going, a new book that I co-authored with Bruce Ashford. This book is meant for everyday believers who want to use their lives to make much of King Jesus. In this short work, we show how each and every Christian can live with missionary intent no matter where they live or what they do.
Because we are so excited about the book, we invite you to enter our contest to win a free copy of I Am Going. We will select 15 individuals at random, of whom five will win audio versions of the book, five that will win copies of the book, and five who will win I Am Going T-Shirts!
There are three simple steps to enter the context:
- Find something to write on (such as a piece of paper, a napkin, or a whiteboard).
- Write down where it is that you are “going” to leverage your life for the gospel.
- Then take a picture of what you wrote and post it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #iamgoing.
Here are some examples of what you could write:
- If you are focused on serving the Lord through a particular vocation, you could write, “I am going to teach,” “I am going to be an artist,” or “I am going to open a business.”
- Similarly, you could write, “I am going to plant a church,” “I am going to be a counselor,” or “I am going to pastor.”
- If you are focused on serving the Lord in a particular location, you could write, “I am going to Raleigh,” “I am going to China,” or “I am going to Tanzania.”
Our conviction is that every vocation and location can and should be leveraged on behalf of Christ and the gospel. Wherever the Lord has called us to live, and whatever he has called us to do vocationally, we can and should do that with purpose as witnesses to our Lord. When we grasp this, it changes everything in out lives.
We wrote the book so that it can be read and enjoyed by any type of Christian—no matter their social status, cultural background, or education level. Each chapter is full of biblical teaching, motivational stories, and practical steps for Christian witness.
Bruce Ashford and I view this book as an extension of Southeastern Seminary’s vision, and our own personal vision and mission. We invite you to join us in leveraging our lives for the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ.