In this last post on Adrian Rogers, I’d like to simply share some of my favorite quotes from Adrian Rogers. Dr. Rogers had a quick wit and a special ability to turn a phrase. Below are some of my favorites.
- “Christianity is not a cafeteria line where you say, “I’ll have a little salvation, but no Lordship right now.” (1:16)
- “Two words that will change your life: ‘Yes, Lord.’” (1:22)
- “I read other books; the Bible reads me.” (1:25)
- “Joy is important in winning people to Christ. Don’t go around looking like an advance agent for the undertaker.” (1:52)
- “Holiness is not the way to Christ; Christ is the way to holiness.” (1:57)
- “We’re to love people and use things, not love things and use people.” (1:94)
- “If you woke up this morning and you’re still here, God still has a plan for your life.” (1:103)
- “As Christians, we are to be newsboys and not editors of the gospel.” (2:35)
- “I’m a nobody telling everybody about Somebody who can save anybody.” (2:50)
- “We ought to be living as if Jesus died yesterday, rose this morning, and is coming back this afternoon.” (2:67)
- “Jesus didn’t die to make bad people good, but to make dead people alive.” (2:178)
Some of you may have noticed that I regularly post some of sayings like these of Dr. Rogers’ on twitter. Most of those (and all of these quotes) come from a 2-volume set I have called Adrianisms: The Wit and Wisdom of Adrian Rogers. They can be a bit expensive (you’ll probably have to buy them used), but if you run across these volumes at a reasonable price I encourage you to pick them up. I’m sure you will enjoy them as much as I have.