Below are some of the articles and books I’ve read recently that you may enjoy perusing.
- Tough Topics 2: Biblical Answers to 25 Challenging Questions, by Sam Storms – This is a follow-up volume to Storms’ Tough Topics, covering a host of new issues. Like the first volume, Storms once again takes on some knotty problem text and topics and provides careful and reasoned answers.
- “4 Ways Jesus Second Coming Changes Us Now,” by J. D. Greear – JD argues from the Scriptures that Jesus’ return should give us spiritual alertness, missional urgency, power to forgive, and hope in suffering. The entire piece is worth reading.
- “Amid Killings and Kidnappings, Can Christianity Survive in the Middle East?” by Greg Botelho – This article considers the plight of Christians in the Middle East and the very real threat they experience every day.
- “When Africa Bleeds,” by Timothy George – A sobering article by Beeson Divinity School dean Timothy George, in which he notes the relative lack of interest in the terrorism efforts of Boko Haram compared to the media’s outrage at similar acts of terrorism in Europe.
- Every Square Inch, by Bruce Ashford – My good friend and colleague has written this brief and extremely helpful “introduction to cultural engagement for Christians” that will serve everyone from the stay at home mom to the corporate CEO. Below is the endorsement I contributed to the work.
- “Bruce Ashford has a real gift to take complicated concepts and put them in words all of us can understand. In EVERY SQUARE INCH he does just this as he helps us to think Christianly and comprehensively for the glory of Christ in all things. I will be recommending this book for those who want to cultivate a Christian worldview way of thinking and living.”