Below are some of the articles and books I’ve read recently that you may enjoy checking out.
- The White Umbrella: Walking with Survivors of Sex Trafficking, (Mary Frances Bowley) — This is an accessible but powerful book on the evils of sex trafficking, which shares the perspective of those who have experienced it. If you haven’t learned about this great evil in our world, this is an excellent place to start!
- “The New Gods: Reforging Harvard Divinity School,” (Drew C. Pendergrass) — “Just past its 200th year, the [Harvard] Divinity School must now grapple with questions of identity as its faculty and student body move ever further from its original Christian purpose.”
- “10 Things Good Husbands Should Tell Their Wives Every Day,” (Felix N. Codilla III, CO) — Some simple yet helpful advice here.
- “China ramps up persecution of Christians and other religious groups, report finds,” (Fox News) — A Freedom House report found “that a third of all religious believers in China who belong to faith groups face ‘high’ to ‘very high’ levels of persecution ranging from bureaucratic harassment and economic exploitation to harsh prison terms and even deadly violence.”
- “Why the American South Would Have Killed Charles Spurgeon,” (Christian George, TGC) — George tells of the remarkable animosity directed toward Spurgeon from Christian leaders in the South, all because of Spurgeon’s adamant stance against slavery.
- “Record STD rates drive syphilis in newborns,” (Anna Gorman, CNN) — “The Central Valley — a vast agricultural and mostly low-income swath of California — has seen an unprecedented spike in congenital syphilis over the last few years. It’s part of an overall rise in syphilis and other sexually transmitted diseases across California and the nation.”