Below are some of the articles I’ve read recently that I think you may enjoy checking out.
- Why millennials are ditching religion for witchcraft and astrology (Kari Paul, Market Watch). Millenials have a desire for the spiritual. Unfortunately, that desire is being placed somewhere other than the one who can ultimately satisfy, Jesus Christ.
- Open Letter to John Piper on White Evangelicalism and Multiethnic Relations (Raymond Chang, The Exchange) Evangelicals and the topic of race is a big, and necessary, discussion that is happening. Let’s humbly hear and learn from other brothers and sisters so we can glorify our Lord in this matter.
- More on Leaving White Evangelicalism: A Response from Bryan Loritts (Bryan Loritts, The Exchange) Here, Bryan Loritts responds to Raymon Chang’s Open letter above. It too is an important read.
- Modern Slavery Is Real and 40 Million People Are Trapped In It (Guy Ryder, Time) “Women and girls account for 71% of these victims. Meanwhile, an additional 152 million children (64 million girls and 88 million boys) are subject to child labor — almost one in ten children around the world.”
Also, in case you missed them, The Gospel Coalition recently posted several articles on the Reformation.
- The Luther Family and the Reformation of Marriage (Jeff Robinson TGC) Robins briefly tells the story of Martin and Katie Luther’s relationship and why it’s important 500 years later.
- Justification = Faith + Nothing (Thomas Schreiner TGC) Schreiner asks, “Does sola fide still matter today? Is the notion of justification by faith alone just a relic of days gone by, reflecting a nostalgia for a previous time?” I’m in agreement with his final answer.
- 4 Ways the Reformation Changed the Church (Alex Duke TGC) “Post-Reformation, faithful pastors no longer try to impart grace or effect salvation in any way. They merely lift eyes to the cross and all the heavenly blessings therein.”