Below are some of the articles and books I’ve read recently that you may enjoy checking out.
- “Christians, Here Are Five Ways to Respond to the Las Vegas Shootings” (Bruce Ashford) — This is good wisdom from my friend and colleague about how we can appropriately respond to such a great evil.
- “Christianity may be declining in America, but presidents still turn to the Bible in moments of tragedy” (Eugene Scott, WP) — “Especially when facts were not fully known, recent U.S. presidents have looked to Christian texts to offer some level of clarity.”
- “One-on-One with Pastor Vance Pitman on the Tragedy in Las Vegas” (Ed Stetzer, CT) — Vance Pitman is a pastor in Las Vegas, where more than 50 people were senselessly murdered earlier this week.
- “Ravi Zacharias Remembers His Young Protégé, Nabeel Qureshi” (Ravi Zacharias, CT) — This is a poignant testimony to a gifted and faithful follower of Jesus Christ. We can all learn much from Qureshi’s life, ministry, and even his death.
- “I Was a Pastor Hooked on Porn” (Gerrett Kell, TGC) — No one is too good to fall into sexual sin—not even your pastor. This hope-filled post is also a stern warning to all of us.
- “5 Christian Women Who Have Shaped Culture” (Amanda Aucoin, Intersect Project) — “Key women throughout history, some who held positions of influence during their own lifetime and many who did not, have impacted culture in ways they did not think likely or even possible at the time. What could a barbarian woman, runaway nun, a slave, a handicapped woman and the women in your life have in common? They have shaped culture, in big and small ways, to the glory of God.”